Firmware Samsung CLP-680ND Review:
– Product name:Firmware Samsung CLP-680ND, Samsung CLP-680ND Reset Software.
– Version: 47f
– Compatible models: Samsung CLP-680ND
– Functional: Removes permanently the Samsung CLP-680ND pages counter limit, Disables errors around toner cartridge which displayed on Samsung CLP-680ND status(Or popup on computer windows): Toner low, install new toner cartridge, toner life end, replace new toner cartridge, toner empty, toner exhausted…Makes Samsung CLP-680ND printer to work without toner chip.
How to Reset Samsung CLP-680ND
– Before you continue with the reprogramming of the firmware, please make sure that the device is installed on your computer.
– It is very important that under no circumstances should you remove the chip from the cartridge while reprogramming the firmware. After you have succesfully reprogrammed the printer, remove the chip from the cartridge and store it somewhere safely (the chip – a key). In all cartridges which you are going to use in the printer, the chip has to be either removed or sealed. If you have accidently inserted a new cartridge without removing the chip, the device will be blocked. In order to unblock it, you can use the stored chip as a key which help you to unblock the printer.
– And make sure that any other devices (except mouse and keyboard), which are connected to your computer via USB or LPT ports are disconnected. It’s preferable that the computer is connected to the “UPS” (uninterruptible power source) device, because if during the reprogramming process the electricity source has any interruptions, then the reprogramming will be carried out with an error, which makes the device unable to work.
– This firmware will be installed directly to your printer. Before opening firmare make sure that printer is turned on and connected to your computer and printer drivers are installed correctly.
– Be aware that with the reprogramming of the firmware the manufacturer’s warranty goes lost!!
1. Connect the printer to the computer by usbcable and install it.
2. Install Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 program (only for OS older than Windows 7)
3. Set Plugin ClickOnce for your browser (Internet Explorer supports by default)
Plugin for Google Chrome
Plugin for Firefox
4. Click on link, which you get after payment for firmware
5. After it firmware download begins (downloading time is about 2-4 min depend of internet)
6. Wait until the printer reprograms (1-3 min) and restarts ( if indicator blink that’s mean that printer start reprograming)
7. After that the reprogramming process is finished, restart the printer
Warning! Firmware will be available for installation only for 6 hours! So please make sure you will be able to install firmware during 6 hours before ordering it!
Firmware Samsung CLP-680ND : $20 USD
Samsung CLP-680ND toner cartridge/toner chip review:
– Samsung CLP-680ND’s cartridge is enclosed with a toner chip that was used to calculate toner coverage and to deliver bold or light printout quality depending on printer original printout design.
– Samsung CLP-680ND toner chip contains calculated limitation that was managed by Samsung manufacturer. Following Samsung, if toner coverage is 5%, Samsung CLP-680ND toner chip is delivered 3.500 – 5.000 pages.
– If toner coverage is higher than 5% -> Toner Page Yields are less than “3.500 – 5.000″ pages. If toner coverage is lower than 5%, Toner Page Yields are “3.500 – 5.000″ pages. That is the reason why bold printouts (high toner coverage) will make printer run out of toner quickly.
– When Samsung CLP-680ND toner chip overload its calculated limitation, printer will be locked inspire of high toner cartridge.
When Samsung CLP-680ND needs to clear page counter limit:
– Samsung CLP-680ND printer’s messages: red light or red light(with Monochrome function printer) blinking(with Multifunction printer), imprinting.
– Computer’s messages: Toner low, install new toner cartridge, toner life end, replace new toner cartridge, toner empty, toner exhausted…
Fix Samsung CLP-680ND with above errors:
1. Change new Samsung CLP-680ND toner cartridge:
– Samsung CLP-680ND’s toner cartridge (Samsung CLT- C/K/M/Y 506S/L) costs $95- $150 depending on its supplier and manufacturer.
– Changing toner cartridge seems to be suboptimal because when printer runs out of toner, we also need to change new toner cartridge => money wasting.
2. Change new Samsung CLP-680ND toner chip:
– Samsung CLP-680ND’s toner chip costs $10- $10 depending on its supplier.
– Changing toner chips seems to be more optimal but when printer runs out of toner, we also need to change new toner chip.
3. Clear Page Counter Samsung CLP-680ND by using firmware:
– Samsung CLP-680ND’s reset software costs $20 USD => money saving
– Reset software automatically impacts to printer firmware so printer ignores paper counter. Therefore, there is not necessary to change toner chip, you just refill toner when it runs out.
Buy Firmware Samsung CLP-680ND : $20 USD